Friday 11 July 2014

The hardest thing i've ever had to talk about

Hi stars,

I don't know how to start all this what I'm about to tell you, it's very personal to me and I feel that I need to let all my emotions and frustrations out. Bare with me if none of this makes sense it's hard for me to talk about which might show in how I write about it.

This is a very touchy subject to me and I get so emotional over it, it is about my most favourite person in my family and that is my granddad. Unfortunately a few weeks ago my mum and dad sat me, my brother and sister down in the lounge and told us as best as they could that my granddad has pancreas cancer. As soon as the sentence came out of my mums mouth I immediately starting crying, I was the first one to cry, I love my granddad with all my heart and I wish him all the best with his chemotherapy.

The doctors had caught it early enough and fortunately they are able to stop it completely, it wont be cured which means he wont be completely free from it but they can stop its from spreading to his liver, lungs and so on. He has got so much support and I have visited him as much as I can since I found out about it.

He has had two lots of chemotherapy and they both went very well his next one is on Tuesday coming so the 15th July, then the next in a couple of months I believe, it's a bit confusing. He has lost a lot of weight and he's more weak then before, but he's staying strong and doesn't show that he's ill. I look at him now and would never think that he had cancer,  I'm hoping he beats this and gets well soon.

I thought I'd tell you this a few weeks after I found out it happened just so I could compose myself and be able to talk about it with whoever reads my blogs.

Thank you stars for support, I am welcome to keep you updated with this if you want me too, don't be afraid to ask about it.

Stay starry, Starry Sophie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment